We do not collect or store information about visitors to the website that can be tracked and linked to individuals.
The only information stored about visitors using the website are the details completed when using the Contact Form.
This information is not freely available to anyone except the website administrator and the trustees of Paddlers for Life Windermere. The information is only used to respond to contacts.
Paddlers for Life Windermere will never share information with third parties.
Cookies In Use On This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect.
• Improve the speed/security of the site.
• Continuously improve our website for you.
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
• Pass data to advertising networks.
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
• Pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
We use the following cookies:
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
- Identifying trusted website traffic.
- Collecting anonymous data about pages viewed.
- Updating social sharing statistics.
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our list subscription form or take a survey).
- Accessing members only areas.
- Linking to pages on other websites such as Facebook will involve cookie use.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than not to use our site.
Third party functions
Google Maps – is used to display Paddlers for Life Windermere location information.
Cookies are used in forms for contacting us.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising.
Currently we have no online advertising on the Paddlers for Life Windermere website.
We have no re-marketing cookies on the Paddlers for Life Windermere website
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. See how to block cookies on different browsers.