Help get our outrigger canoe on Windermere.
Please support our Hawaiian challenge.
Our target is £2500. £1000 for paddles, buoyancy aids and other safety equipment for six paddlers. £500 to repair our large trailer. £500 to drive to London, collect OC6 and return with escort support. Finally £500 for maintenance, cleaning and our charity livery and information on the boat to sit alongside our beautiful dragon boats.
See below for how to support us. Remember, follow Covid-19 pandemic measures and exercise safely.
Members, friends, family and supporters can contribute any human powered miles they do in their daily exercise/leisure/movement to complete the total journey distance such as:-.
- Pet walking and family walks. (If you walk in a pandemic ‘bubble’ you can multiply your miles!)
- Daily exercise walks/jogs/runs/swims and paddles.
- Daily steps converted to distance. (2000 steps equals approximately 1 mile.)
- Indoor exercise on bike/rowing machine/treadmill etc. (Assume 15 minutes of moderate exercise is 5 miles.)
- Fell walking. (Observe lock down regulations.)
- Canoeing, kayaking or cycling.
- Static exercise such as chair based exercise, yoga and Pilates. (15 minutes is equivalent to 3 miles.)
We recognise that people have different capacity to exercise and leave the house so any miles people feel able to contribute are very welcome, as we know they reflect comparable effort and commitment.
Spread the word, the challenge goes live on 1st. February, 2021.